Saturday, May 14, 2011

What do YOU have on your feet?

My daughter has her instructions.

If I ever show up anywhere wearing vinyl shoes purchased from somewhere like the Sunday insert magazine, she has my permission to track me down and rip them from my feet.

What is it with the old lady shoes, anyway? It seems that women over 60 or so, especially those no longer working in the professional world, believe they don't have to pay attention to their footwear. They might sport a chic outfit when they meet their book club, yet wear clunky plastic shoes, as if they think their feet are suddenly invisible.

Oh, I know that feet take a beating over the years. And since our years are adding up, our feet often scream for mercy. But, come on, women! Many of us spend good money for Joe at the salon to hide the gray with color and highlights, a manicurist to shape and polish all 20 of our nails, and a skin care expert to nourish our sagging epidermis. Why, then, don't we spend a few dollars more to buy some stylish comfortable shoes? They're out there, I know.

The economy is bad, yes. But I'm guessing that most women reading this willingly spend money on items or services deemed important for other members of your family. Why do we always come last? It's time we diverted some of those resources for ourselves. Including shoes.

Go ahead. Look at your feet right now.

             Do I have to send my daughter over?


I like Cinderella, I really do. She has a good work ethic. I appreciate a good, hard-working gal. And she likes shoes. The fairy tale is all about the shoe at the end......
Amy Adams


No comments:

Post a Comment